After the Toys have been constructed manually they need to change into digital form for that they use handbook for using GeoGebra tool.
Integration of the concept with other STEM Subjects:
Topic as integrated with Technology- GeoGebra software was used as techno-support for designing the Amazing toys checking for the symmetrical design.
Topic as integrated with History- Learning about the history of Toys and different types of Toys used in the Ancient times And relating them with famous structures
To start, you may want to introduce students to GeoGebra tools with the help of smart board.
Part â 1 - Students learn about different types of Toys and Prepare one of them using thermocol by cutting and pasting .
Tell the students that they are going to watch video about preparing a toy using concept of 3D with the help of thermocol.
Now tell them that today they all are architects and design engineers and have to help a child to prepare a beautiful Toy for him.
Let the students sit in the made teams and discuss the problem, to brainstorm ideas, make sketches, and choose a final design for their Toys. Also ask them to choose a name for their design team. (Encourage students to sketch the Toys made up of multiple 3D shapes). If need arises and time permits, allow each group one class period to research different types of toys.
Provide them time to work on their design keeping in mind concept of symmetry . Guide them to work together by dividing the work equally. Finally reassembling all the 3D shapes to make a Amazing Toy.
Â· Before they begin Bring back the class as a whole group and set the following rules:
Â· (i) The Toy should have more than two 3D shapes.
Â· (ii) The toy should have more than two lines of symmetry.
Â· (iii) The Toy should be colorful.
Part â 2 - Designing the Amazing toys
1. Instruct and encourage each team to distribute their workload evenly among the members for timely completion of the project.
2. The students and teams who need assistance can be guided with useful inputs which are available to the teacher.
While Designing the Amazing toys they need to keep in mind the symmetrical
1. aspects of the Toys using GeoGebra tools. (Teacher can keep kindling their imagination by asking questions)
If the students need help at any point, let them refer to the handbook given to them.
Part â 3 - Toy testing and redesigning
1. Provide students time to make a presentation of their models with an interesting name and details.
2. Again Orient students on the timeline and the roles for each student.
3. Have students test Toys by using concept of symmetry. Students may modify their Toys, at this point, and then see if they fit the specified criteria.
4. Have groups present their Toys and testing results to the class. ask the team to rethink and redesign or make required alterations to make their Toys symmetrical
5. A question answer round is opened to the student which is led by the teacher
o Let students to speculate about why some Toys were more exact to the criteria than others.
o What are factors responsible?
o What flaws were inherent in the building materials? How were those flaws overcome?
6. To conclude ask the students to fill the summative questions in the workbook
Culminate the activity by asking students to reflect on the entire design process. Have students fill in the L column of the K-W-H-L